Andrew is a full-stack marketer, media producer and entrepreneur with a career that has extended across sport marketing, professional services, social enterprise and TV news.
Andrew uses the power of high quality content to build personal and company brands, focussing on channels such as podcasting, influencers, blogging, video and design.
Andrew has worked with lawyers, financial advisers, start ups, sporting organisations, member associations, political candidates, schools, education professionals, retailers, manufacturers, entertainers and business consultants.
He has led and managed projects with teams across Adelaide, London, Boston and Ho Chi Minh.
While Andrew’s foundations are in media and content marketing, he has strong skills in branding, social and digital marketing, business development and company operations. This broad knowledge enables him to offer strategies and advice that encompass the full marketing mix.
Andrew oversees marketing and growth at PickStar, Australia’s largest marketplace to book sports stars for any event, marketing campaign or experience. In addition, he provides marketing and media services through his company, Apiro Consulting.
Andrew hosts and produces a business and personal growth podcast, Rooster Radio, where he interviews ‘interesting people doing amazing things’ in entrepreneurship, leadership, health, politics, technology, hospitality and more. The podcast has a five star iTunes rating and has partnered with media outlet, InDaily.
Andrew was a co-founder of startup TalkLife (based in London), a global social network collaborating with Microsoft Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University on world first youth mental health insights.
Previously he was a television sport reporter and producer at 9 News, after starting his career in the Adelaide Football Club’s communications department.
Now for the ugly bio …
Biographies typically lack transparency, so here’s a few ‘character building’ lowlights:
- Never progressing beyond “promising junior sportsman”
- As a 19 year old in his first fulltime role, Andrew spent most of his mornings with the Adelaide Crows in the club mascot suit as part of the club’s schools program. It’s far worse than you could ever imagine.
- Looking to escape the confines of the mascot suit, Andrew applied for the Police Force. After passing all the tests, he still got rejected. Andrew was angry at the time but in hindsight it was the right decision for everyone!
- Various small to mid-sized on-air fails in TV news
- Almost burning out while trying to run two social enterprises and maintain a fulltime job and a family.
- Andrew has had a shoulder reconstruction and two knee reconstructions. Embarrassingly he wrecked his knee for the second time during a social netball match.